Dual Language Partner School
Shorewood is a partner to our Spanish dual language school, Mount View Elementary, and our Vietnamese dual language school, White Center Heights.
Students in dual language receive 50% of their instruction in English and 50% in Spanish or Vietnamese and are taught by qualified bilingual teachers. The program includes students who are native speakers of English, Spanish, Vietnamese and many other languages.
Elementary students learn reading and writing in both languages, math in English, science and health in Spanish/Vietnamese and social studies in English and Spanish/Vietnamese.
Program Goals and Benefits:
- High levels of academic achievement
- Cross-cultural respect & appreciation
- Bilingual people have greater economic opportunities
- Respect and education around other cultures and languages
- Students benefit most when enrolled for six years or more.
How to Enroll in the Dual Language Program
If you live in the service area of a partner school and want to participate in the dual language program, follow these steps:
- Complete the online enrollment process.
- Submit this Spanish Dual Language Request form or Vietnamese Dual Language Request form.
- You will be placed on a waitlist.
- If space is available, your dual language partner school will contact you.
- Transportation to the dual language school will be provided.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s school or the Language Learning Department at 206-631-3035.