Have you recently asked your child, “How was school” and “Did you do your homework?” We have some suggestions for other questions you may consider asking your child about school.
All Highline schools are implementing a new instructional approach called standards-based grading (SBG). SBG measures your student's progress toward the learning goals for their grade.
Consider asking your child one of these questions that reinforce learning with SBG:
- What standard are you learning?
- What does the standard say you need to know and be able to do?
- Where are you on the rubric and where do you want to improve?
- How did you demonstrate your learning?
- What work or study habits will help you demonstrate your understanding of a standard?
- How can I support you?
Visit our standards-based grading webpage to learn more about SBG.